Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have THREE bathrooms in my house"

What have a learned about myself and my faith?

It is a Wednesday evening and I am sitting (well actually standing and jumping) in a praise meeting in the Valesburg corps in Newark, NJ.

Someone stands up to give their testimony and, as my title notes, they explain that they have Three bathrooms in their house! It was a testimony of how God has bought this person from rags to 'riches'. Now not riches in the sense of superstar glory and riches, but they found their riches in having three bathrooms in their house.

Now I don’t know about you, but when I thank God for what he has done for me, I don't regularly remember to thank him for an abundance in toilets... actually, I don't think I ever have thanked him for a toilet. But what I learned this Wednesday in Newark is that I need to remember to thank God for the little things that I take for granted. How often do I ask God for huge things, and then He does them, and then I forgot to thank him?!, let alone thanking him for the little things that I expect out of life!

Since coming to Railton, I have been making a conscious effort to try not to complain about silly little things. I think this was God's way of saying to keep it up!

So as for me and my bed, desk, bathroom and kitchen... we will serve the Lord!

No comments: