Monday, January 14, 2008

when the C:drive saved my life.

What have I learned about a Church community? Hmm… what haven’t I learned?! Well, specifically in the past week I have learned A LOT! I love my ministry team and I love our site. We get to speak into children, teen, and adult lives every week… and while we are there to minister to others, every time I walk away feeling like I have received so much more than I could ever give.

This week, however, I have learned a lot about how I impact the Church community that I live and work in. Newark NJ is one of those places that I cant get enough of. Even though every time I go to Newark I feel like I could sleep for days afterwards, the Lord continually shows me how the people there give me so much strength. Lately I have noticed that I am not putting in enough effort into giving as much as effort into preparation as I possibly could have. While it is easy enough to quickly go online and get a quick lesson to give to the kids, how much will this really impact the kids lives if I first haven’t let it impact my life and spent quality time working on it so that the kids can get as much out of it as possible. Leaving it to the last minute does not give me enough time for prayer and full devotion to the lesson. Not only is the lesson going to suffer a lack of preparation, but being unprepared shows that I am not committed to Newark and the great opportunities that the Lord gives me there.

This is one major factor that I have not only learned this last week, but also I have learned and let sink into life during my time at Railton. I began to see the fruits of this while I was on internship in Berlin, NH. Being prepared was on of the best lessons I learned and put into practice during that time and I am so grateful that I let this become part of my ministry.

Of course there are times that things come up at the last minute and sometimes we don’t have as much time to prepare as we would like to… but now I know if you put in the work early then you will always have a support filed away on your C:drive. :)

And…….. SEND!

No comments: